RECIPE: TURKEY LETTUCE WRAPS
I was craving Mexican food one day and realllllly wanted to hit up a spot just to satisfy my cravings. I figured making my own healthy version will fulfill my needs and also save me some money! Ladies & Gents, I introduce you to Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps!
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
- LEAN GROUND TURKEY
- ROMAINE LETTUCE
- YELLOW ONION
- MEXICAN CHEESE (OPTIONAL)
- BLACK PEPPER
- COCONUT OIL
- Season the lean ground turkey with black pepper, cumin & paprika (add as much as your taste buds desire) & set it aside
- Dice tomatoes & yellow onions. Cut cilantro (Don't forget to wash all your vegetables :))
- Apply coconut oil to a frying pan, adjust stove settings to MEDIUM HIGH & add the seasoned ground turkey
- While the turkey is cooking, take the romaine lettuce head and start peeling leaves & pick the ones that have a curve in the middle to hold to ground turkey.
- Apply cooked ground turkey on top of the romaine lettuce & sprinkle cheese on top!
- Add some lemon & avocado to make this dish even more delicious!