TRAVEL WITH ME [NEW YORK]
I got sick prior to the trip and the flight to Philadelphia was horrible! However, I was more excited at the fact that I was traveling more than anything! Little tip: stay hydrated, bring your neck pillow, and remember to stay comfy! More travel tips here
It's crazy to think Germ & I travel to places where people wouldn't normally travel to because of the seasons. Everyone questioned why we went to Portland when it was winter and now New York! We planned this trip prior to knowing about Bomb Cyclone. The name itself would have scared the shit out of me had I known when booking. LOL We were more concerned about staying warm than actually "vlogging" so my apologies for the lack of documenting!
We literally froze our asses off the whole time, but honestly.. it was such a memorable trip. We landed in Philadelphia and immediately, my wheel on my luggage broke off. Spending time with Germ's sister and husband was a great start to our vacation. We had time to settle in, hang out & get adjusted to the weather. I cannot thank his sister and husband enough for the hospitality!
I had a bit of anxiety heading to NY. I guess just the immense amount of pressure to hurry the fuck up walking in the subways really had something to do with it! It was easier this time around than the last time. TIP: Use google maps for the Subway!
I'm so sad we didn't get to take any pictures of the food, but every place was seriously amazing! Here's my favorite places to eat:
- COCORON - Dip Soba Noodles. Freaking amazing! It's cash only, so fair warning!
- PRINCE ST PIZZA - A whole in the wall pizza spot. Be sure to get the square slices!
- SWEET SCIENCE - Overall a good food, music is on point. Good vibes!
- HOLE IN THE WALL - Really pretty aesthetic for Instagram! Good for Brunch
- MR. TAKA RAMEN - One of the best ramens I've had!
- KOR TOR MOR - Such a good Thai spot in Brooklyn. Good aesthetic too!
Overall, it was yet another great experience with Germ. Where to next? Let's see how much PTO I have left for the year! lol